Roadside accidents, such as motor vehicle crashes, pedestrian crashes, bicycle crashes, and motorcycle crashes, are common. Many people might be on the side of the road for several reasons, including car trouble or needing to pull over to tend to business. Some people stop to help others following a crash, and they might get hit while standing on the side of the road.
Roadside accidents can be frightening and traumatizing. What follows usually is a long and arduous road to emotional, physical, and financial recovery that can be extremely taxing. Most people only know the basics of dealing with insurers, which often leaves them vulnerable to accepting settlement offers that are insufficient for their damages.
In these uncertain times, injured people should ideally consult with an Enfield roadside lawyer to better understand the legal process and obtain the compensation they are entitled to under the law. An experienced lawyer is used to negotiating with insurers and knows when a settlement is unfair.
What To Expect When You Work With An Enfield Roadside Lawyer
- Free Consultation – The injured party will have the opportunity to talk to a lawyer in a free consultation. The lawyer will ask questions about the roadside accident, and the prospective client can also ask whatever questions they may have. All the information they share will be kept confidential. They can then decide whether the lawyer is the best one to handle their claim.
- Notifying The Insurer – The lawyer will notify the negligent party’s insurance provider to let them know that the injured party has legal representation.
- Developing a Case – The lawyer will begin collecting the necessary evidence to develop an effective strategy for recovering compensation, including the police report, medical bills and records, photos and video footage of the roadside crash, and other pieces of evidence relevant to the case. This will help them figure out the injured party’s damages, what caused the crash, who is liable for the damages, and how much the claim is worth.
- Handle All Phone Calls and Communications With Relevant Parties – Many injured people find themselves financially incapacitated due to the hefty medical expenses following a roadside crash. The Enfield roadside lawyer will manage all communications and phone calls with the other party’s insurer, lawyer, insurance claims adjusters, and any creditors or debt collectors that may be harassing the injured person.
- File a Lawsuit – This entails filing a formal request against the liable party for what the injured party is entitled to as financial compensation for their crash-related losses. In most cases, this prompts the liable party to negotiate fairly and settle the claim.
- Secure a Fair Settlement – The lawyer will negotiate a fair settlement or take the case to court. If the liable party is refusing to negotiate fairly, undervaluing the claim, or denying the claim, the lawyer will be ready to take the case to trial.
- Resolve The Case – Whether through a trial or insurance settlement, the lawyer will pursue the liable party until the injured party is fairly compensated for their injuries and their claim has been resolved.
Consult With Our Experienced Enfield Roadside Lawyer Now
Were you injured in a roadside accident? We encourage you to get in touch with the Enfield roadside attorney at Berman & Russo. The sooner you reach us, the sooner our lawyer can review your case and begin pursuing justice and compensation on your behalf. Call 860-644-1548 or reach us online to schedule your free consultation with our Enfield roadside lawyer today.