Being involved in a serious car accident can be a dreadful and overwhelming experience, especially if you’ve suffered injuries. In the aftermath of the crash, thinking about pursuing compensation from the at-fault party might be daunting and the last thing you want to worry about.
You probably have more pressing questions running through your head: Who’s going to pay for my medical expenses? What about my job and lost wages? Will the at-fault party’s insurer give me a fair settlement? Who pays for the damage to my car? If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, you deserve legal counsel to sort through all your complex medical issues and legal matters and stand up to uncooperative and unfair insurance providers.
The Bloomfield car accident lawyers of Berman & Russo have more than 30 years of experience working with personal injury cases. We have used our resources, knowledge, and extensive experience to secure over $100 million for our injured clients. Reach out to us today, so we can start working on your case and holding the negligent parties liable for your injuries.
Common Injuries In Car Accident Cases
Car accidents can cause a wide array of injuries, ranging from simple cuts and bruises to life-altering injuries that lead to permanent disabilities. The exact circumstances of the crash will significantly impact the seriousness of the injuries, such as how fast the car was moving when you got hit, the specific type of collision, and the weather conditions, among many others. Injuries resulting from car crashes often include:
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as severe sprains and bruises
- Multiple broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Compound fractures
- Herniated discs
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Amputated limbs
- Internal organ damage
These injuries may require long-term and expensive medical care. Our Bloomfield car accident attorneys will make certain that the at-fault insurer will cover not only your current and past medical costs but any future expenses due to ongoing care as well.
But you must act as soon as possible after your car accident. In Connecticut, you only have two years from the date of your car accident to take legal action against the negligent party. If you miss this time limit, you will lose your chance to file your lawsuit and receive the compensation you need to recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
While you may be thinking that two years is a long time, it may not be, particularly if all your days are packed with medical appointments, physical therapy, or longing to go back to work and earn a living. Likewise, memories can fade, and evidence can disappear. This is why the sooner you speak to our team, the better your chances of securing quick and sufficient compensation for your losses.
Damages You Can Recover In A Car Accident Case
Under Connecticut tort law, injured parties can hold a negligent driver who caused a crash liable for their injuries and related damages. Depending on your situation, you may recover the following damages:
- With bodily injurie, the more severe, extensive, and disabling the injuries, the higher the value of the claim
- The affect of the accident and injuries on your physical and mental health
- Past and future physical pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Past and future medical costs
- Embarrassment and humiliation related to your injuries
- Lost earnings, regardless of whether you were paid while you couldn’t work. This also includes any promotions, benefits, sick, and vacation days you missed at work.
- Lost earning capacity and work opportunities
- Other necessarily or reasonably incurred expenses related to your injuries and those you stand to incur in the future.
Take note that the specific damages and their value will differ from one car accident case to the next. The Bloomfield attorneys of Berman & Russo will determine and calculate all the possible damages you can recover and secure maximum compensation to cover all your car accident damages.
What Our Car Accident Attorneys Can Do For Your Case
You may be worrying about how you can pay all your medical bills, get back to work, if you’ll fully recover, and what you need to do to receive the financial compensation you need to cover all your expenses. Our Bloomfield lawyers can ease your burdens by taking care of your car accident claim so you can focus on healing from your injuries. We will guide you through the entire legal process and recover maximum compensation on your behalf by:
- Communicating with the other party’s insurance company
- Organizing your medical bills and records and communicating with your doctors and other health care providers to ensure they give us the information your claim requires to prove your injuries
- Getting all the necessary evidence to figure out fault for the crash
- Organizing the evidence to establish specific damages and liability for your losses
- Negotiating with any lien holders, including health, workers’ comp, or disability insurance carriers, to try and lower the amount of your liens
- Handling all settlement negotiations with the other party’s insurance provider to secure a settlement that will suffice for your damages
- Fighting for you in court if the settlement negotiations are not successful
Get In Touch With Our Seasoned Bloomfield Car Accident Attorneys Now
A car accident can leave scars not only on your body but also on your finances and mental health. In the worst-case scenario, it can leave you grieving for the untimely death of a loved one. All aspects of your life can be negatively affected for a long time or forever. At Berman & Russo, we know how complicated and scary a car accident claim can be, and negligent drivers, their insurers, and attorneys can make it even more difficult for injured victims to get the compensation they deserve to receive.
When you work with our skilled Bloomfield car accident lawyers, you can increase the chances of getting the settlement or jury award you need to recover. Please reach us online so our team can review your case for free.