We understand the stress and range of emotions people feel when they get seriously injured in a car accident in Connecticut. You may be wondering how you are going to pay your hospital bills and how you can ease the financial stress you’re experiencing if you can’t work. It is unfair, we know. You shouldn’t have to concern yourself about these things if another driver caused the accident and your injuries. You are entitled to pursue compensation in a personal injury claim.
The seasoned East Hartford car accident lawyers of Berman & Russo have over 30 years of experience helping injured people put their lives back together following a serious motor vehicle accident. We will put our resources and experience to work to make sure that you hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries and related damages.
Injuries Resulting From Car Accidents Can Be Very Costly
You may be facing an expensive and lengthy recovery process, depending on the extent and specific type of injuries you sustained. Unfortunately, some people may never fully recover. The East Hartford car accident attorneys at Berman & Russo have handled numerous car accident claims involving these injuries:
- Multiple bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal organ damage
- Facial injuries
You also shouldn’t overlook how a car crash can wreak havoc on your mental health. In most cases, someone who witnessed a devastating crash, got injured, or experienced another’s death may develop post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. It’s also common for car crash survivors to develop depression, insomnia, anxiety, and other mental health disturbances.
Compensation For Car Accident Claims
Usually, injured people are entitled to seek the following damages:
- Medical expenses, like emergency care, medications, surgery, hospital stays, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, assistive devices, and psychological counseling, among others.
- Lost earnings, which include regular wages, bonuses, commissions, benefits, etc.
- Property damage to your car, including replacement or repair costs
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, reduced quality of life, loss of companionship or parental guidance, etc.
The East Hartford car accident attorneys of Berman & Russo will calculate and demand fair compensation for all your ongoing, past, and future losses. This will require an accurate projection of your recovery journey, estimated losses from being unable to work, and medical care you may need in the future.
Never Accept A Settlement Offer Without Talking To Our Attorneys
Most insurance claims adjusters are instructed by the companies they work for to close car accident claims as quickly as possible. But if you accept a quick settlement offer, you’re essentially waiving your right to pursue compensation for your total losses. Insurance carriers save money by settling claims quickly, and they usually do this before a claimant retains a lawyer. But this quick offer cannot possibly consider how your injuries will affect your life and for how long.
Your injuries may stop you from working for months or years, force you to take on a job that doesn’t pay as well as your former job, or leave you unable to work at all. You may require assistive devices, such as a wheelchair or walker, for some time or permanently. If you end up becoming totally disabled, you may require home care and ongoing medical treatments.
This is why you should wait until you know how much money you’ll require to cover your income losses and medical bills. Before even talking to the other party’s insurer, call our East Hartford car accident attorney first so you can have an idea of what your case is worth.
What To Expect When You Work With Our Team
If another person or entity injures you, the compensation you’re owed would be paid based on complex laws and would come from the liable party’s liability insurance. The laws pertaining to your case and the at-fault party’s insurance provider may make it hard for you to receive what’s rightfully yours. But working with our firm will help you understand these laws and handle the insurance company.
Many of our clients had never worked with a lawyer before, so they were unsure of what to expect. At Berman & Russo, our East Hartford car accident lawyers will handle your case from start to finish. Generally, here’s what you can expect when you work with us:
- When you contact us, we will schedule your free initial case review, so you can figure out whether your case is worth pursuing and know your legal options moving forward.
- Your lawyer will review any evidence and documentation you may have on the crash and your injuries and launch an investigation to determine the events that led to the crash and who should be held liable. This includes determining all potential sources of compensation that may cover your damages.
- Your lawyer will handle the paperwork associated with filing your claim, which includes getting accident reports, medical records, and others.
- Your lawyer will speak to the liable party, their insurance representative, and lawyer and tell them that your lawyer, from now on, will handle all communications about the claim.
- Your lawyer will develop a solid strategy to support your They will negotiate fearlessly with the liable party and update you on all settlement offers. You can also trust your lawyer to fight for you in court if the insurer refuses to negotiate fairly.
Discuss Your Case With Our East Hartford Car Accident Attorneys Today
If you have been hurt in a car crash, there’s a chance that you could end up facing more than a quick trip to the emergency room or your doctor. Unfortunately, many car accident survivors settle their claims before they understand their injuries and what their claim is truly worth.
With proper guidance from the East Hartford car accident lawyers of Berman & Russo, we won’t let this happen to you because we know the devastating impact a serious accident can have on injured people and their families. To schedule your free case evaluation, contact us today.