Preliminary data from the Connecticut Crash Data Repository shows the negative and potentially life-threatening consequences of driver error and negligence. From January to April 2023, car crashes in Hartford totaled 936. There were 1,838 vehicles and 2,230 people involved in these crashes. 13 of these car accidents involved 15 people who suffered serious injuries, while 184 involved 245 people who suffered minor injuries. Of these car accidents:
- 236 were angle crashes
- 283 were rear-end crashes
- 33 were head-on crashes
- 21 were different-direction sideswipe crashes
- 173 were same-direction sideswipe crashes
- 6 were rear-to-rear crashes
- 6 were rear-to-side crashes
- 136 crashes occurred due to other factors
- 42 were unknown crashes
Where Are Car Accidents Happening In Hartford?
851 of the car accidents in Hartford were on roadways, while 27 occurred on roadsides, 14 on parking zones or lanes, and 14 on shoulders. Most of them took place in January and February. More specifically, these crashes occurred on the following roadways:
- I-84 – 106
- I-91 – 97 crashes
- Route 44 – 51 crashes
- Broad Street – 29 crashes
- Route 187 – 20 crashes
- Park Street – 21 crashes
- Franklin Avenue – 19 crashes
- Sigourney Street – 18 crashes
- Garden Street No 1 – 17 crashes
- Unknown – 23 crashes
Why Are Car Accidents Happening In Hartford?
No matter how careful many drivers are, they cannot possibly control how other drivers around them will act. Unfortunately, this means law-abiding drivers may find themselves in motor vehicle crashes, and it is unfair for irresponsible drivers to place other people’s health and safety in danger. The leading causes of car accidents in Hartford so far are:
- 156 drivers did not keep to their lanes
- 138 drivers followed other vehicles too closely
- 39 drivers did not yield the right-of-way
- 24 drivers ran stop signs
- 24 drivers made unsafe or improper turns
- 21 drivers ran red lights
- 17 drivers operated their vehicles in a negligent or careless manner
- 16 drivers made improper backings
- 13 drivers made improper passes
- Six drivers swerved due to the wind
Other common causes of Hartford car crashes are distracted driving, drowsy driving, driving while drunk or drugged, oversteering, reckless driving, driving on the wrong part of the road, wrong-way driving, overtaking cyclists, and not paying attention to road markings or traffic signs.
Discuss Your Case With A Seasoned Hartford Car Accident Lawyer Today
People who have suffered injuries in a car crash usually face a stressful and uphill battle to recover the financial compensation they need to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and other related losses. While insurance providers normally try to deny claims or limit injured people’s payouts, the Hartford car accident lawyers at Berman & Russo know how to deal with them to secure the best possible results for their clients’ cases.
To learn more about recovering financial compensation after a car crash, call their office at 860-644-1548 or fill out their online form and arrange a free case evaluation with a Hartford car accident lawyer.