When a car plows directly into the side of your car, the accident, which is known as a T-bone accident or a side impact accident, can lead to very serious injuries with overarching consequences for your future. If another driver leaves you injured in a T-Bone or side impact accident in South Windsor, reach out to an experienced auto accident attorney today.
T-Bone Accidents And Intersections
T-bone accidents in South Windsor are very common at intersections. Intersections represent the confluence of traffic that is traveling in every direction, and there are plenty of opportunities for T-bone accidents to occur. In fact, intersections are a hotbed for car accidents in general, and when motorists allow themselves to become distracted when entering intersections or who refuse to yield the right-of-way as required by law in intersections, it sets the stage for life-threatening T-bone accidents. Consider the following:
- When a motorist jumps a green light or pushes a red light, he or she is much more likely to plow into the side of a vehicle passing through the intersection.
- When a motorist makes a left turn, he or she crosses several lanes of traffic, and if every motorist in the intersection isn’t adhering to right-of-way requirements, a T-bone accident becomes a distinct possibility.
- Motorists who head into intersections without giving them much thought are also more prone to being involved in T-bone accidents. It’s always in your best interest to proceed through intersections with utmost care.
When hit from the side, you lack the buffer of your car’s hood or your car’s trunk, which makes the impact that much more serious and that much more dangerous.
Common Causes Of T-Bone Accidents
Every South Windsor side impact accident is unique to the circumstances and situation, but there are some common causes that often apply:
- Excess Speed – When motorists exceed the speed limit or drive faster than conditions safely allow, they increase the risk that accidents of every kind will happen. When a motorist barrels through an intersection at an unsafe speed, he or she increases the risk that a T-bone accident will occur and increases the risk that it will be deadly.
- Distraction – Distracted drivers ensure that they have less time to identify a dangerous situation and that they have less time to safely respond to that situation, both of which play directly into T-bone accidents.
- Aggression – Aggressive driving can take wide-ranging forms, but when the aggressive driver chooses to act up in an intersection (such as by passing in the intersection), the risk of a life-threatening T-bone accident happening is greatly increased.
Call An Experienced South Windsor T-Bone/Side Impact Accident Attorney Today
If another driver leaves you injured in a T-bone or side impact accident in South Windsor, the insightful accident attorneys at Berman & Russo are committed to making the claims process as low stress for you as possible, while also vigorously defending your rights – in pursuit of just compensation. We are proud to be natives of Connecticut who have more than 30 years of experience helping clients like you. To learn more, please don’t wait to contact us online or call us to schedule your free consultation today.