In 2021, approximately 323 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes in Connecticut. There’s simply no escaping the fact that roadways and highways are dangerous, and all drivers are at risk of an accident. Even if drivers try to avoid highways and they do all they can to ensure their safety, another driver could easily make a mistake and cause a crash.
Put simply, driving, comes with a certain risk level. Here are some risks associated with highway driving.
- Excessive Speeding – Unfortunately, some drivers use highways as they would racetracks. Some do so because it’s fun, while others do so to beat traffic. Either way, excessive speeding is always a safety risk.
- Reckless Driving – On highways, reckless driving usually includes speeding, illegal passing, and failing to use proper signals.
- Drowsy or Fatigued Driving – This is especially common among truck drivers who must meet their deadlines at all costs. Inadequate rest increases the risk of devastating accidents.
- Distracted Driving –Cellphones, eating, grooming, talking to passengers, or other distractions significantly raise the risk of crashes.
- Tractor Trailers and other Commercial Motor Vehicles –These motor vehicles take up considerable space on highways. One wrong move from the drivers of these trucks can cause severe to deadly accidents.
- Construction Areas – Construction areas on roadways can be particularly hazardous for drivers with closed or narrowed lanes, construction workers on the roadway, and debris and construction equipment on the road, etc.
- Inclement Weather Conditions – Heavy rain, roaring winds, low visibility, slick roads, puddles – all increase the risk of accidents.
Consult With A Skilled South Windsor, CT, Roadside Lawyer Now
Getting injured in a highway accident or any road traffic crash can be a life-altering event. In an instant, the injured person’s life can be thrown into a world of pain, distress, confusion, and fear for the future. When another driver is at-fault for the crash, the injured person does not have to suffer the serious physical, emotional, and financial consequences alone.
To find out more about their legal rights and options for compensation after suffering injuries in a road traffic crash, contact Berman & Russo at 860-644-1548 or online and schedule a free consultation with their South Windsor, CT, roadside lawyer.