A car crash can unexpectedly and permanently change an individual’s life. Severe and incapacitating injuries from an accident can take several weeks, months, or years to heal, if a complete recovery is even possible. Such injuries do not only impact the injured individual’s quality of life, but also the treatment comes at a huge cost.
If an injured individual or their loved one has suffered injuries in a car crash caused by another individual or entity’s negligence, they have the legal right to demand fair compensation for all their losses. The Tolland car accident lawyers at Berman & Russo have the resources and 30 years of experience to fight for full compensation for injured victims.
Injuries To Watch Out For In Car Accidents
Individuals can sustain various injuries during a car accident depending on the severity of the crash and other factors surrounding the crash. Some of these injuries typically include:
- Severe Lacerations – Broken or shattered glass and loose objects inside the car can all cause severe scrapes and cuts during a crash. While these may seem minor, they pose an increased risk of serious infections and other complications.
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when the neck is rapidly shaken back and forth. It can be very painful and may take a long time to heal.
- Fractured Ribs – The ribs protect vital organs but can be easily fractured in car accidents, and lead to further complications, including a punctured lung.
- Multiple Fractured Bones – It’s common for injured individuals who sustain multiple fractures to undergo multiple orthopedic surgeries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – During a car crash, the head can be struck by the dashboard, steering wheel, windshield, and other objects. Concussions and more serious and debilitating types of TBIs can result.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is not immediately apparent, which makes it very dangerous, even fatal, if not treated promptly.
- Herniated Disc – Aside from different spinal cord trauma, the discs can slip out of their proper positions during a crash. Herniated discs are very painful, and often require a lengthy recovery.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – For most people, car crashes can be traumatizing, especially when they cause serious injuries or death. It’s very common for many injured individuals to suffer emotionally and mentally after an accident. Some individuals may not drive for weeks or months following the crash, while some may never be able to drive again.
These are just some examples of injuries people can suffer in car crashes. They are extremely painful and may require time off work, a lengthy recovery, and lots of money to treat.
Common Causes Of Tolland Car Accidents
Some of the most common causes of car crashes our Tolland car accident attorneys of Berman & Russo handle involve:
- Distracted Driving – Texting while driving is illegal in Connecticut, but drivers do it anyway, which leads to devastating distracted driving Other causes of distracted driving crashes include eating, grooming, drinking, and fiddling with the radio or GPS, among others.
- Impaired Driving – Even if drivers know the dangers of driving while drunk or drugged, many people still choose to do so, endangering the lives of all road users.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs – These reckless driving behaviors often lead to catastrophic intersection crashes.
- Speeding – When car crashes occur due to speeding, the faster the speed, the greater the impact resulting in severe the injuries.
- Tailgating – Tailgating occurs when the driver behind another vehicle is following too close. This is the most common cause of rear-end crashes, which can be very serious depending on the speed at which the crash occurs.
- Reckless Driving – Driving well above the posted speed limits, darting quickly in and out of moving traffic, and cutting off other motorists, are just some examples of careless driving behaviors.
All these behaviors are negligent driving practices put the lives of everyone on the road in peril. Anyone who has been hurt in a car crash due to any of these negligent actions deserves to be fairly compensated for their damages.
How Our Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
Following a terrifying car accident, injured individuals and their families are usually left confused and unsure of the expenses and recovery process. Just getting through each day can be a real struggle made more stressful by the uncertainty of whether or not the liable party’s insurance company will compensate them fairly, if at all.
This is why many injured individuals seek the legal guidance of experienced Tolland car accident attorneys. To help you navigate the claims process, they:
- Gather extensive documentation and evidence to support your personal injury case, including investigating the crash scene, reviewing the police report, talking to witnesses, assessing medical records, and consulting with professionals about how the claimant’s injuries would impact their future.
- Take over all discussions and negotiations with the at-fault party, their lawyers, and relevant insurance companies.
- Identify all potential sources of financial compensation.
- Negotiate for maximum compensation with insurers or argue the claimant’s case before a jury if needed.
Discuss Your Case With Our Seasoned Tolland Car Accident Attorneys
If you’re ready to discuss the accident with a compassionate and knowledgeable Tolland car accident lawyer who will give your case the time and attention it deserves, reach out to Berman & Russo today. Our team will listen to your story, help you understand your legal options, and secure the money you need to go on with your life after the crash.
Remember, insurance providers are not in the business of paying out fair compensation to injured claimants and will do all they can to settle your claim for the lowest amount possible. To protect your legal rights and learn more about your case, call today.