Connecticut Sex Crime Defense Lawyers
The criminal trial lawyers of Berman & Russo advise and represent people facing a wide range of sex offense charges, including:
- Allegations of child abuse or child molestation
- Allegations of rape, statutory rape or sex with a younger person by a teacher, coach or counselor
- Allegations of date rape or acquaintance rape
- Allegations of online solicitation of a minor for sex
- Allegations of possessing and/or disseminating child pornography Our attorneys also fight to protect your other interests, such as professional licensing, sex offender registration requirements or mandatory minimum sentences for certain defined sex offenses in Connecticut. Our familiarity with the complex laws that affect your rights can give you an additional advantage in achieving a favorable resolution when facing sex charges.To learn about your legal options for resolving sex crime allegations,
contact our Connecticut sex crime defense attorneys for a free consultation in South Windsor.
Call 860-288-2328 For Advice If You Have A Case In The Courts Of Manchester, Rockville/Vernon, Enfield, Hartford, New Britain Or Middletown.
False allegations are common. Studies have shown that up to one-third of sexual abuse allegations are false. A National Study of Child Abuse (Smith, 1985) estimated that 1.1 million child abuse and neglect reports are filed with state agencies each year and that more than 600,000 of these probably cannot be substantiated.
Pursuing A Favorable Outcome In Your Sex Crime Case
We work closely with our clients and conduct extensive investigations to develop the greatest possible leverage for negotiating a favorable resolution with the prosecution or preparing your trial defense. Keep in mind that the government needs to prove every fact essential to your conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. We look for weaknesses in the state’s evidence, circumstances that can weaken the credibility of the witnesses against you, and the aspects of the evidence that can create doubt in the minds of the jurors.
The more of this leverage we can accumulate through our investigations in the early stages of the case, the better our chances of convincing the prosecution to drop or reduce the charges against you. If it becomes necessary to take your case to trial, our trial experience can give you the effective representation you need before a jury.
Contact Our Criminal Defense Firm
To learn more about our approach to criminal defense in sex crime cases, contact an experienced South Windsor sexual assault defense lawyer at Berman & Russo in South Windsor for a free consultation.
We represent clients throughout Hartford County (east of the Connecticut River) and Tolland County, including the communities of South Windsor, Windsor, East Windsor, Hartford, Bloomfield, Enfield, Windsor Locks, East Hartford, Manchester, Glastonbury, Marlborough, Somers, Stafford, Stafford Springs, Union, Ellington, Tolland, Willington, Vernon, Bolton, Coventry, Mansfield, Storrs, Andover, Hebron, Columbia and Middletown.