South Windsor Auto Accident Attorneys
At the South Windsor law firm of Berman & Russo, our accident lawyers work hard to maximize the value of insurance settlements or jury verdicts in negligence claims in car accidents and a range of other vehicle accident situations.
The legal services we provide to clients are tailored to meet their specific needs. We confidently handle all types of vehicle accidents, including:
- Car accidents: From head-on collisions and rear-end accidents, to drunk driving accidents and distracted driving crashes, any type of car accident can cause injuries that require extensive medical attention.
- Truck accidents: Large semi-truck accidents can be devastating due to the size of the truck and the rate of speed at which they travel. Our firm can provide the representation you need after being involved in a tractor-trailer accident.
- Motorcycle accidents: Drivers often do not take the time to notice when a motorcyclist is around them on the road. This unfortunately can result in a serious collision that leaves the motorcyclist severely injured.
- Bicycle accidents: Motorists do not always share the road with bicyclists like they are supposed to. We assist clients in filing claims for injuries and property damage, such as a wrecked bicycle, in situations where a driver negligently collided with a cyclist.
- Pedestrian accidents: Though crosswalks and other signage are designed to protect pedestrians, individuals are often injured when drivers disregard the safety of pedestrians. If you have been hit by a car while walking or running, we can help.
Helping You Move Forward After A Serious Injury Or Death
We understand that injuries can be life-changing. Our firm is sensitive to the needs of individuals, and their families, who have suffered head and brain injuries in a car accident. We also represent clients who are dealing with the aftermath of neck, back and spinal cord injuries. Any type of serious injury that stems from a motor vehicle accident can be handled by our experienced firm.
In addition to handling claims for injured people and their families, we also provide representation to families who are dealing with the loss of a loved one in a fatal accident. Our lawyers can assess your situation and help you understand the process of filing a wrongful death claim.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Whenever you are involved in any type of vehicle accident, it is important to:
- Stop. You are legally obligated to stop and stay at the scene of an accident, whether you caused the accident or were the victim.
- Be careful of what you say. It is true that anything you say at the scene of an accident or afterward can be used against you. This is especially the case for discussions of who was at fault for the accident. Never admit fault.
- Get in touch with your auto insurance company. Whether it is by phone, email or using a company’s app on your phone, it is important to contact your insurance company after an accident. This way, they can either begin to initiate a claim or be prepared that a claim may be filed by another party or company.
Download Motor Vehicle Accident Scene Checklist in PDF format.
Talk With Us About Your Accident Questions And Concerns
To learn how our advice and representation can help maximize the value of your accident injury or workers’ compensation claim, get in touch with a Berman & Russo lawyer for a free consultation. Call us at 860-288-2328 or contact us online now.
We accept injury cases on a contingent-fee basis. We are paid only after we are successful. We only collect an attorney fee when we are successful in recovering compensation for you.
We represent clients throughout Hartford County (east of the Connecticut River) and Tolland County, including the communities of South Windsor, Windsor, East Windsor, Hartford, Bloomfield, Enfield, Windsor Locks, East Hartford, Manchester, Glastonbury, Marlborough, Somers, Stafford, Stafford Springs, Union, Ellington, Tolland, Willington, Vernon, Bolton, Coventry, Mansfield, Storrs, Andover, Hebron, Columbia and Middletown.